Baked Bass Recipe
* 2 lbs. bass fillets
* 6 oz. teriyaki sauce
* lemon juice
* lemon pepper
* 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Marinate the bass fillets overnight in teriyaki sauce.
- Place bass in bread pan lined with aluminum foil and sprinkle lemon juice and lemon pepper over the bass fillets.
- Place onion slices on the bass fillets.
- Cover the bass fillets with foil and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Baked Striped Bass with Bacon Recipe
* 4 pieces of striped bass
* 1 cup of red onion sliced into 1″ thick slices
* 8 pieces of thick-cut sliced bacon
* 8 Tbsp. of butter
* 1 cup of sliced, fresh, baby-portabello mushrooms caps
* 1/4 tsp. of dried tarragon
* Hungarian paprika
* 1 quart of golden ginger ale
- Marinate the striped bass overnight in a golden ginger ale.
- Fry up the bacon and when it cools down, break it up into small bits and keep the bacon fat for later.
- Cook the mushrooms and onion in the bacon fat until it is tender.
- Place striped bass in a baking dish along with the mushrooms, onion, butter and tarragon and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes and garnish the bass with bacon once it is done.
Barbequed Cajun Bass Recipe
* 2 pounds of bass fillets
* 1/4 cup melted butter
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 tsp. cajun spice
* 1/4 tsp. onion salt
* 1/4 tsp. paprika
* 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat the barbecue on low with the lid open.
- Lay the bass fillets flat on aluminum foil.
- Apply butter to the bass fillets with and sprinkle with onion salt, Cajun spice, paprika and garlic salt.
- Wrap the bass in aluminum foil so that it is sealed tight.
- Place bag on the barbecue for 7 to 10 minutes.
Bass With Dijon and Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
* 1 pound of fresh bass
* salt and pepper to taste
* 4 ounces of butter
* 2 ounces of white wine
* 1/2 ounce of peppercorns
* 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
* 2 ounces of dijon mustard
- Place the bass fillets in a baking pan with some salt and pepper.
- Add 4 ounces melted butter and 1 ounce with white wine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Now heat a saucepan and add the peppercorns, one ounce of white wine, heavy whipping cream and Dijon mustard.
- Cook until the ingredients have turned into a sauce.
- Spoon sauce over the bass and serve.
Baked Stuffed Hybrid Striped Bass Recipe
* 2 pounds of hybrid striped bass fillets
* 1/2 cup of finely chopped white onion
* 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
* 1/4 cup of chopped celery
* a pinch of dried tarragon
* 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
* 3 Tbsp. of butter or margarine
* lemon or lime juice
* 2 cups of soft bread crumbs
* 3-4 peeled tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté onions, celery and mushrooms in butter or margarine for 5 minutes.
- Stir into the sautéed vegetables the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and tarragon.
- Grease a large shallow baking dish and arrange the hybrid striped bass fillets in the baking dish and sprinkle with lemon or lime juice.
- Spread stuffing over the bass fillets and cover with the tomato slices.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.
Smoked Bass Fillet Recipe
* 1 pound of bass fillets
* 1/2 cup liquid smoke
* 1/4 cup prime rib rub
* 2 T. butter or margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour liquid smoke into a shallow dish and dip the bass fillets into liquid smoke, soaking both sides.
- Place the bass fillets into a shallow baking pan, making sure the bass fillets are not touching.
- Now sprinkle prime rib rub on the bass and place in oven.
- After allowing it to bake 5 to 7 minutes, lightly brush melted butter on each fillet.
- Bake until they flake easily, about 10-15 minutes.
NOTE: please read the warning labels on liquid smoke. Some variant, such as Primary Product FF-B, is considered dangerous by the European Food Safety Authority.
Stuffed Bass Recipe
* 4 bass fillets, skinned
* 2 t butter
* juice of 1 lemon
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1 white bread slice, crumbled
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* dash of onion powder
* 1/2 tsp. parsley
* 1 egg, beaten
- Place the bass fillets in shallow baking dish and dab with butter.
- Add lemon juice to the bass and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- To make the stuffing, combine white bread, bread crumbs, onion powder, salt, pepper and parsley and then add an egg and mix.
- Mound mixture on each of the bass fillets.
- Now cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes.
Striped Bass Recipe, Cape Cod Style
* striped bass fillets
* 1 stick butter butter
* 1 lemon
* 1 cup sliced onions
* pepper to taste
- Place bass fillets on aluminum foil and brush both sides with butter.
- Apply lemon over the bass fillets to taste.
- Sprinkle with pepper, load with sliced onions.
- Throw onto barbecue for 10-15 minutes.
Bass with Avocado Sauce Recipe
* 1 sm ripe avocado coarsely chopped
* 1/4 cup skim milk
* 1 tbsp lime juice
* 1 clove garlic minced
* 1 ds hot sauce
* 2 tbsp lemon juice
* 1 tbsp light soy sauce
* 1 tsp lemon rind grated
* 1 tsp dijon mustard
* 16 oz bass fillets
* 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
* 1 vegetable cooking spray
- In a blender, mix 1 small ripe avocado coarsely chopped, a quarter cup of skimmed milk, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 garlic minced and some hot sauce.
- Mix until pureed and set aside once done.
- Add lemon juice, a tablespoon of light soy sauce, a teaspoon of grated lemon rind and a teaspoon of Dijon mustard along with bread crumbs.
- Dredge the fillets in the sauce and place on a baking tray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for seven minutes and then turn them over and bake an for seven minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving platter, and top with avocado sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Bass ‘N’ Beer Recipe
* 6 fillets bass (1/2 to 3/4 thick)
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup butter
* 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
* 2 cups beer
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 2 whole cloves
* 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle fish fillets with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and some paprika.
- In a pan, cook onion in butter till tender and light caramelised.
- Stir the fillets in flour and cook and stir until it is brown.
- Gradually stir in your favorite beer and cook and stir until the mixture bubbles.
- Now stir in the sugar and cloves and add fish fillets to sauce.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat till fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove fish to a platter. Stir lemon juice into sauce in the skillet.
- Serve sauce over fish with rice, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Mustard Batter Bass Recipe
* 1/3 cup Dijon mustard or prepared mustard
* 1/4 cup water plus 1 tablespoon
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 cups seasoned coating mix
* 2 1/4 pounds bass fillets cut in 1 1/2″ pieces canola oil
- Mix the mustard, water, juice, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne together in a bowl.
- Place coating mix in shallow dish. Dip the fillets in a mustard mixture and then dredge in coating mix to coat.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil over medium heat.
- Add fish. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn once. Drain on plate with a paper towel.
Sassy Southern Crumb-Coat Bass Recipe
* 2 (2-lb) bass or similar fish
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup white; yellow or blue cornmeal
* 1/4 cup finely minced green onions include some tops
* 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
* 1/2 tsp pequin quebrado cayenne pepper
* 1 lemon cut in 4 to 6 wedges
* 1 tbsp minced parsley
* 1 cup unsalted butter (up to)
* 6 sprigs parsley
- Cut the bass fillets in chunks. Rinse well and then soak in salted water 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse before pouring milk into large, shallow bowl and adding the bass.
- In another large, shallow bowl combine flour, cornmeal, green onions, salt and pequin or cayenne.
- Dust the center edge of each lemon wedge with minced parsley and then set the lemon wedges aside and add any remaining minced parsley to coating mixture.
- Melt the butter in large, deep, heavy skillet and then dip each piece of bass into the coating, being sure to crush coating into fish for maximum flavor.
- Cook fish until golden on all sides, turning as needed.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot, garnishing each serving with a parsley-edged lemon wedge and a parsley sprig.
- Makes 4 to 6servings.