Fly Fishing Tips
Fly fishing tips to get you looking like a pro in no time.
- For novice fly anglers, we recommend looking at the Fas-Snap device offered by several vendors.
- For an easy means to attach a leader to the fly line, use the Leader-Link made by Wright and McGill.
- For bass, we recommend a 0X leader.
- Wear autumn colored cloths when fishing as most fish can see above the surface and will be scared away by sudden movements.
- Cast your line into the water near where you will enter as fish sometimes cling to the shoreline.
- Start fishing with a dry fly and if nothing bites after several casts, then try a wet fly followed by a nymph. For a complete guide to fly fishing flies, click here.
- Try other locations if you don’t get a strike.
- When fishing a large stream, seek out the deep pools as this is where the fish often congregate.
Fly fishing technique: this video is well worth watching
If you’re just getting started fly fishing, this is a good value kit for just over $100